Friday, September 28, 2012

Send-Off Party


So, amidst a busy day of spending hours at the mall for last minute travel shopping (including dashing back in a panic due to some SIM card unlocking issues!) and packing, organizing my itinerary and paperwork I was treated to an amazing surprise dinner and gathering with my family and friends.

Send off collage


I was so happy to see Angela walk up the stairs while I was knee-deep in packing, running around like a chicken with her head cut off! Using Angela’s experience from her year abroad as an au-pair in Ireland and Italy, we sorted, rolled and squashed all my clothes into my suitcase - even my winter jacket, which no one would believe would fit, but I refused to wear to the airport. A cranky, anxious, stressed Chelia is NOT a good combination, haha! Ang also gave me a lovely travel journal, which I’ve already started using, so thanks again hun!

Samm also made a surprise appearance (after sneakily texting me “Soooo, what’s on for your last night in P.Dot?")! As we packed we laughed and reminisced. It was such a good time!

My family had also arranged for some Chinese take-out from China Chef, the new (and best) Chinese restaurant in town. Yum!

Afterwards we all grouped up for photos, although some were more successful than others (see: Buddy). Overall I had a wonderful time (and I don’t think the girls left until around 11:15!), and it was such a beautiful send-off. Thanks to all my friends and family who made it possible - I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment